It’s time for some real talk about diets. The diet industry is a $500 billion dollar a year global industry. That is half a trillion dollars. And yet nearly 70% of people in North America are overweight or obese. All of these programs, pills, and diets don’t work.
Did you know?
- 108 million Americans are currently on a diet, but 98% of people who lose weight on a diet will gain it back within a year
- Within the next decade it’s estimated that 67% of us will have some form of diabetes
- Approximately 75% of all diseases could be prevented with better nutrition
- 74% of adults live with some kind of ongoing digestive discomfort
- More than half of us experience low energy and fatigue
- 97% of women aged 18-44 have at least one “I hate my body” moment every single day
It’s time to change the conversation.
So many of us are living in a state of perpetual overwhelm, bombarded by information. Hating our bodies. feeling like our relationship with food and our body is holding us back from living the life we’re meant to lead.
We’re sicker and more tired than ever before, and yet the focal point is on the end goal of reaching some magical weight that will transform us into the happy and healthy people we were meant to be.
But I think we’ve got it all wrong.
The weight is not the problem. The weight is a symptom of the problem.
When we get real about addressing the root cause of weight problems, about finding real and lasting results and gets to the bottom of what’s really going on with your health.
There are so many contributing factors to weight, including chronic dieting (ironic, right?!), stress, food intolerances, emotional eating, hormone imbalances and more.
Watch the video below to hear more about why I think we need to change this whole conversation when it comes to weight.
It’s time to challenge the status quo when it comes to weight loss and the diet industry. The conventional thinking doesn’t work and isn’t supported by science and studies. It’s time to change the conversation and take back our power over our health.
If what you’re doing hasn’t worked, it’s time for a new approach. Ready for real change? I’d love to work with you.
Facebook Live Rebroadcast